|Other Name||English Bulldog|
|Life Cycle||8-13 years|
|Character||Brave, Docile, Friendly, Attractive, Affectionate, Willful, Gregarious|
|Height||Male: 12-17 inches|
Female: 12-16 inches
|Weight||Male: 40-55 pounds|
Female: 40-50 pounds
|Color||Fawn, Red, Gray Brindle, White & Brindle, Red/Fawn & White|
|Average price||1800 US$|
|Good with Kids||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Child Friendly||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Cat Friendly||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Dog Friendly||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Trainability||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Shedding||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Watchdog||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Intelligence||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Grooming||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Popularity||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Adaptability||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
Bulldogs are famous for holding strong bonding with family, affectionate touch with children and cooperative with pets. It displays great loyalty and trust to owner with inquisitive trait to strangers, thus classified as perfect watchdog. This clean and shining breed needs less grooming and low activity level additionally sensitive to severe weathers especially hot summer, arrange shady place or keep indoors to avoid overheating. Also called English Bulldog, recognized for its bravery and warding abilities, this breed is very obstinate and may not quit easily.
The breed is famous and well admired by different names, as American Bulldogs, Old English Bulldogs and sometimes French Bulldogs. All original breeds hold strong muscles, heavy bone structure with possession of power and stamina. Wrinkles on face are yet another distinction of this breed amongst contemporaries. The gait is loose, somewhat shuffling with proudly held massive face. Lovable pet with brindle, white, fawn and red color of shiny, short coat is much attracted, even though not lapdogs but they want to be curled in laps. Substantial body with small legs evinces docile and compact expression.
The breed is named after its connections with bull-baiting and is believed to be originated in British Isles and had been related to Asiatic Mastiff. Violence was the prime quality of demand during its early days, however the temperament is eliminated by breeders in few generations after the ban on bull fights in England, the final development resulted in polite and calm dog with conformable temperament exactly the inverse of early disposition, still strong determination. In current days, the breed is most popular as family companion, a co-worker and watchdog.
Daunting look with massive physique is somewhat deterrence for intruders; mostly the culprits would get retire at their own without any action from dog. In adverse cases, Bulldogs dare to mess for close encounters with any size of enemy. On the reverse part, this dog bears extreme of affection and softness to other pets as well as children. Thirst of human attention is clearly ascertained while searching friendly laps to curl up for rests. The breed is described as the people’s dog.
Although not general, some can be a little dominating and would require a strong handler to exercise good leadership. In packs, they tend cooperative and exercise authoritative control over other dogs, besides rarely aggressive to outsider dogs if not following the rule of pack. Activity level during puppyhood is at its top, slightly and consistently reducing with age, Bulldogs enjoy energies and stamina mostly at their younger years.
Adaptability is certain but after accepting its snores and drools additionally this breed is healthy eaters, would get clumsy and overweight making hard even for walks. The breed is possessive towards all belongings of its master in a response of effective guardian.
Top 50 Dog Breeds
Training is classed as demanding, committed trainer will make it sociable and willing to adopt preferred norms of family life.
Owner Should Know
- The Bulldog needs human attentions; they are human followers, eager to be circled around by its friends and families. They suffer separation anxiety when ignored to live alone for considerable long time.
- The breed has naturally short and straight tail, a well appreciated standard established by BCA.
- Early trait of aggression has been eliminated for currently available breed, ensure your puppies are not violent and have affordable temperament.
- The Bulldogs would get along well with all pets at home; the harmony would be more angelic if all animals are grown up together.
- The dog is interested in fetching balls, playful with children, and keen to rest curled in laps of affectionate peoples.
- They tend dominating, would need a strong and experienced owner.
- This breed is classified as minimal shedder, well groomed short, dense coat need to be brushed once a week.
- Exercise demand is not extensive; an average way of life would be able to stimulate its mental and physical desires.
- Seek for a reputed and trusted breeder to get healthy puppies, ensure puppies are clinically checked and are disease free.